Silk Way Rally 2019
July 6–16, 2019
- The rally spanned three countries: Russia, Mongolia, and China
- The route covered over 5,000 kilometers, with 2,593 kilometers of special sections
- 10 stages with special high-speed sections
- Participants from 36 countries
- 97 crews
Silk Way Rally 2019 route
The race had its ceremonial start on July 6 in Irkutsk and concluded on July 16 in Dunhuang, China.
Ceremonial start in Irkutsk
Winners in the off-road cars category:
- 1st place – Nasser Al-Attiyah, Mathieu Baumel (QATAR World Rally Team);
- 2nd place – Han Wei, Liao Min (Geely Auto Shell Lubricant Team);
- 3rd place – Jerome Pelichet, Pascal Larroque (RAID LYNX).
Nasser Al-Attiyah and Mathieu Baumel, winners of Silk Way Rally 2019 in off-road cars category
Winners in the trucks category:
- 1st place – Anton Shibalov, Dmitry Nikitin, Ivan Tatarinov (KAMAZ-Master);
- 2nd place – Andrey Karginov, Andrey Mokeev, Ivan Malkov (KAMAZ-Master);
- 3rd place – Airat Mardeev, Dmitry Svistunov, Sergey Krenev (KAMAZ-Master).
Anton Shibalov, Dmitry Nikitin, and Ivan Tatarinov, winners of Silk Way Rally 2019 in trucks category
Winners in the bikes category:
- 1st place – Sam Sunderland (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing);
- 2nd place – Andrew Short (ROCKSTAR ENERGY HUSQVARNA Factory Racing);
- 3rd place – Adrien Van Beveren (YAMAHA RALLY TEAM).
Sam Sunderland, winner of Silk Way Rally 2019 in bikes category
The gas-fueled KAMAZ driven by Sergey Kupriyanov finished in the top five in the trucks category.
Gas-powered KAMAZ during second stage of race. Photo by silkwayrally.com
The crew of Akira Miura and Laurent Lichtleuchter won in the T2 category.
Akira Miura and Laurent Lichtleuchter, winners of Silk Way Rally 2019 in T2 category
The Russian crew of Sergey Kariakin and Anton Vlasiuk (Snag Racing team) won in the T3 category.
Sergey Kariakin and Anton Vlasiuk, winners of Silk Way Rally 2019 in T3 category
Finish ceremony of Silk Way Rally 2019 in Dunhuang, China