Gazprom and Schneider Electric sign Program for scientific & technical cooperation and partnership
Oleg Aksyutin, Member of the Management Committee, Head of Department of Gazprom, and Clemens Blum, Executive Vice President of Industry Business of Schneider Electric, signed the 2017–2019 Program for scientific & technical cooperation and partnership at the Gazprom headquarters today.
Clemens Blum and Oleg Aksyutin signing Program for scientific & technical cooperation and partnership
Pursuant to the Program, the companies will cooperate in the following areas:
- development and introduction of smart technologies into hydrocarbon production, transportation and processing;
- incorporation of the Industrial Internet of Things into the gas business;
- energy efficiency, energy saving, and the use of alternative energy;
- innovation, research and technology management;
- human resource management and development using best practices in the field of industrial staff training systems.
Schneider Electric SE is the world’s leading developer and provider of comprehensive energy efficiency solutions for energy and industrial companies, civil and residential infrastructure, and data processing centers. The company operates in more than 100 countries around the globe.
On October 4, 2016, Gazprom and Schneider Electric signed an Agreement for scientific & technical cooperation and partnership.
The Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is a concept for computing networks that entails restructuring of business and production processes. IIoT is conducive to improving business efficiency and profitability.