Gazprom and Russian Olympic Committee award winners of 4th Energy of Victories nationwide contest among sports journalists
The Russian Olympic Committee headquarters in Moscow hosted today an awarding ceremony of the winners of the 4th Energy of Victories nationwide contest among sports journalists. Vladimir Sengleev, Executive Director of the Russian Olympic Committee congratulated the contest winners and awardees.
The following journalists became the winners of the 4th Energy of Victories festival-contest.
In the Best TV Report/Film/Story nomination:
- Ilya Trifanov, Rossiya-2 TV channel, Moscow (among the federal media);
- Tatyana Denisova, Andrey Russkikh, Udmurtia state-owned TV and radio company, Izhevsk (among the regional media);
- Mikhail Vasilyev, Almaty TV channel, Almaty, Kazakhstan (among the foreign Russian-language media).
In the Best Publication nomination:
- Yury Golyshak, Alexander Kruzhkov, Sport-Express, Moscow (among the federal media);
- Ivan Zhidkov, Sports Daily, Saint Petersburg (among the regional media);
- Grigory Zaidman, Football magazine, Kiev, Ukraine (among the foreign Russian-language media).
In the Best Photo Essay/Photo Illustration nomination:
- Ramil Sitdikov, Russia Today international news agency, Moscow (among the federal media);
- Konstantin Chalabov, Russia Today international news agency, Veliky Novgorod (among the regional media);
- Maria Plotnikova, Lenta.ru online newspaper, Brazil; Stanislav Filippov, sportfoto.kz, Astana, Kazakhstan among the foreign Russian-language media).
In the Best Radio Report nomination:
- Mikhail Zakharov, Sport FM radio station, Moscow (among the federal media);
- Ivan Kosyakin, Guberniya radio, Voronezh (among the regional media).
The festival-contest jury consisted of renowned Russian sports journalists: Nikolai Dolgopolov, President of the Sports Journalists Federation of Russia, Lev Rossoshik, Vice President of the European Union of Sports Press and photojournalist Sergey Kivrin, winner of Russian and international contests. The jury was chaired by Viktor Gusev, sports announcer of Channel One, Member of the Russian Television Academy, winner of the TEFI prize.
The Energy of Victories festival-contest among sports journalists was organized by Gazprom for the first time in 2011 within the Gazprom 2014 project. The aim of the festival-contest is to improve the quality of sports journalism and promote sports information presentation in mass media.
Over 1,000 journalists from all Russian regions and 10 foreign countries have participated in the contest since its start. The Russian Olympic Committee (ROC) acted as the co-organizer of the awarding ceremony of the 4th Energy of Victories festival-contest.
Close relationship between Gazprom and ROC started in 2001 with the signing of a long-term cooperation program. Gazprom provided financial support to ROC to help training Russian athletes for the Olympic Games: in Salt Lake City (2002); in Athens (2004); in London (2012); in Sochi (2014). Gazprom constructed unparalleled production facilities and sports venues within the preparations for the Winter Olympics in Sochi.
On October 23, 2014 Gazprom and ROC signed a Memorandum of Cooperation. Gazprom was named the general sponsor of the Russian Olympic team. The funds allotted by the Company will be used to train the Russian athletes for the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro and 2018 Olympics in Pyeongchang.