Gazprom’s annual General Shareholders Meeting starts in Moscow
The annual General Shareholders Meeting of Gazprom has started today in Moscow. Shareholders from Russia and a number of foreign countries are taking part in the Meeting personally, through their trustees or in absentia. As of May 8, 2014 the corporate Register of persons entitled to participate in the Shareholders Meeting recorded 492 543 corporate equity owners with 23,673,512,900 shares.
Viktor Zubkov, Chairman of the Gazprom Board of Directors, Russian Special Presidential Representative for Cooperation with Gas Exporting Countries Forum has been appointed Chairman of the Shareholders Meeting according to the decision by the Gazprom Board of Directors. Taking part in the Meeting are the following Members of the Gazprom Board of Directors: Alexey Miller, Andrey Akimov, Farit Gazizullin, Elena Karpel, Timur Kulibaev, Vitaly Markelov, Viktor Martynov, Vladimir Mau, Valery Musin, Mikhail Sereda.
The following items are on the Meeting agenda:
- approval of the Company's Annual Report;
- approval of the Company's annual Accounting Statements, including the financial results;
- approval of the distribution of the Company's profit based on the results of 2013;
- on the amount, terms and form of the dividend payout based on the results of 2013 as well as on the date when a list of persons entitled to receive dividends is drawn up;
- approval of the Company's Auditor;
- on the remuneration for the Board of Directors (Supervisory Board) Members – non-government officials in the amount prescribed by the Company's regulatory documents;
- on the remuneration for the Audit Commission Members;
- on the introduction of amendments into the Gazprom Articles of Association;
- on the introduction of amendments into the Provision on the Gazprom Board of Directors;
- on the ratification of guarantees of Gazprom to South Stream Transport under the obligations of Gazprom Export;
- on the ratification of transactions of corporate interest, to be potentially executed by Gazprom while carrying on its usual business;
- election of the Board of Directors Members;
- election of the Audit Commission Members.
Alexey Miller is currently delivering his Speech about the Company's 2013 operating results.