Management Committee addresses Gazprom’s annual General Shareholders Meeting related issues
The Management Committee approved the proposal to convene the annual General Shareholders Meeting of Gazprom at 10:00am (local time) on June 28, 2013 at the Company's headquarters in Moscow. Registration of the meeting participants is to be carried out on June 26 (from 10:00am to 5:00pm) and on June 28 (from 9:00am).
In addition, the Management Committee approved the proposals on:
– the format and wording of the ballots for voting on the Shareholders Meeting agenda issues;
– the wording of the Shareholders Meeting notice;
– the Shareholders Meeting Presidium composition;
– the remuneration of the Board of Directors and the Audit Commission;
– a list of information materials to be distributed among Gazprom's shareholders after scrutiny by the Board of Directors. The materials will be presented to shareholders at the Company's headquarters, at the Company's registrar – SR-DRAGa and its branch offices as well as at regional depositories of Gazprombank (Open Joint Stock Company) 30 days prior to the Shareholders Meeting date. The locations of SR-DRAGa, its branch offices and regional depositories will be published in the Meeting notice.
The aforementioned proposals will be submitted to the Board of Directors.
The Management Committee submitted to the Board of Directors for consideration the Gazprom (parent company) 2012 Accounting Statements compiled in accordance with the requirements of the Russian legislation, as well as the following draft documents:
– the Shareholders Meeting agenda;
– Gazprom's 2012 Annual Report;
– distribution of Gazprom's net profit based on the 2012 operating results.
The Management Committee approved membership of the Shareholders Meeting Drafting Commission.
The Management Committee endorsed the proposal to pay out annual dividends based on the Company's operating results over 2012. The decision on the dividend payment amount, method and dates is subject to adoption by the Shareholders Meeting as recommended by the Board of Directors.
The Management Committee approved and submitted to the Board of Directors for consideration a draft Procedure of Dividend Payouts. The Procedure enshrines the practice of dividend payouts adopted by the Company. The document was developed in pursuance of an order by the Federal Financial Markets Service of Russia. The Procedure will come into effect after being approved by the Shareholders Meeting.
The Management Committee approved and submitted to the Board of Directors for consideration draft amendments into the Gazprom Articles of Association and the Provision on the Company's General Shareholders Meeting. The Amendments are driven by the modifications introduced into the Federal Law on Joint Stock Companies as well as the adoption by the Federal Financial Markets Service of a new version of the Provision on Extra Requirements to Preparing, Convening and Holding the General Shareholders Meeting.
The update of Gazprom's documents aims to fully reflect the legislative provisions in the Articles of Association as well as to give the shareholders as much information as possible concerning their rights and obligations.
The Management Committee resolved to propose to the Board of Directors to nominate PricewaterhouseCoopers Audit for approval by the Shareholders Meeting as the Company's auditor. PricewaterhouseCoopers Audit is the winner of the bidding procedure among auditing companies for performing statutory annual audit of Gazprom.
At present, the Company's Register of Shareholders includes several hundred thousand Russian and non-Russian residents. Therefore, shareholders are advised to exercise the right to take part in the Meeting via their trustees by proxy or via a filled out voting ballot sent to Gazprom.