Gazprom’s annual General Shareholders Meeting starts in Moscow
The annual General Shareholders Meeting of Gazprom has started today in Moscow. Shareholders from Russia and a number of foreign countries are taking part in the Meeting personally, through their trustees or in absentia. The Meeting participants represent the interests of the shareholders owning a total of 18,226,951,430 shares, which is 76.99 per cent of their total number. As of May 10, 2012 the corporate Register of persons entitled to participate in the Shareholders Meeting recorded 517 639 corporate equity owners with 23,673,512,900 shares.
Viktor Zubkov, Chairman of the Gazprom Board of Directors, Russian Special Presidential Representative for Cooperation with Gas Exporting Countries Forum has been appointed Chairman of the Shareholders Meeting according to the decision by the Gazprom Board of Directors. Taking part in the Meeting are the following Members of the Gazprom Board of Directors: Alexey Miller, Andrey Akimov, Alexander Ananenkov, Farit Gazizullin, Elena Karpel, Timur Kulibaev, Vladimir Mau, Valery Musin, Mikhail Sereda, Igor Yusufov.
The following items are on the Meeting agenda:
- approval of the Annual Report;
- approval of the Annual Accounting Statements including the Profit and Loss Statements (Profit and Loss Accounts);
- approval of the profit distribution based on the 2011 operating results;
- on the amount of, time for and form of the dividend payments based on the 2011 operating results;
- approval of the Auditor;
- on the remuneration for the Board of Directors (Supervisory Board) Members – non-government officials in the amount prescribed by the Company's regulatory documents;
- on the remuneration for the Audit Commission Members;
- on the ratification of transactions of corporate interest, which may potentially be executed by Gazprom while carrying on its usual business;
- election of the Board of Directors Members;
- election of the Audit Commission Members.
Alexey Miller is currently delivering his Speech about the Company's 2011 operating results.