Gazprom and KhMAO Government sign Sci-Tech Cooperation Agreement
Vlada Rusakova, Member of the Management Committee, Head of the Strategic Development Department of Gazprom and Alexander Kim, First Deputy Governor of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug (KhMAO) – Yugra signed in Khanty-Mansiysk today a Sci-Tech Cooperation Agreement between Gazprom and the KhMAO Government.
The Agreement stipulates the enhancement of R&D efficiency to ensure sustained development of the regional fuel and energy industry.
Among the key cooperation areas are:
- integrated development of the regional fuel and energy industry;
- use of gas resources from medium- and small-sized fields as well as associated gas from oil fields;
- improvement of energy supply to regional consumers;
- energy saving and enhancement of the fuel and energy recourses use;
- possibilities for the efficient development of gas processing and gas chemistry;
- eco-friendly way of the regional fuel and energy industry development.
The parties decided to compile a joint Sci-Tech Cooperation Program within the framework of the signed Agreement.
The Cooperation Agreement for 2011–2013 between Gazprom and the Government of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Yugra is in effect.
The Document stipulates the main areas of cooperation between the parties, including sustained gas deliveries to local consumers in the agreed amount, the regional gas transmission system development and the energy saving technologies implementation.