Management Committee addresses Gazprom’s annual General Shareholders Meeting related issues
The Management Committee approved the proposal to convene the annual General Shareholders Meeting of Gazprom at 10:00am (local time) on June 25, 2010 at the Company’s headquarters in Moscow. Registration of the meeting participants is to be carried out on June 23 (from 10:00am to 5:00pm) and on June 25 (from 9:00am).
In addition, the Management Committee approved the proposals on:
- the wording of the Shareholders Meeting notice;
- the format and wording of the ballots for voting on the Shareholders Meeting agenda issues;
- the Shareholders Meeting Presidium composition;
- the remuneration of the Board of Directors and the Audit Commission;
- a list of information materials to be distributed among Gazprom’s shareholders after scrutiny by the Board of Directors. The materials will be presented to shareholders at the Company’s headquarters, at the Company’s registrar – SR-DRAGa and in regional depositaries of Gazprombank (Open Joint-Stock Company) 20 days before the Shareholders Meeting date. The locations of SR-DRAGa and regional depositaries will be published in the Meeting notice.
The aforementioned proposals will be submitted to the Board of Directors.
The Management Committee resolved to submit to the Board of Directors for consideration the Gazprom (parent company) 2009 Accounting Statements compiled in accordance with the requirements of the Russian legislation, as well as the following draft documents:
- the Shareholders Meeting agenda;
- Gazprom’s 2009 Annual Report;
- distribution of Gazprom’s net profit based on the 2009 operating results.
The Management Committee approved membership of the Shareholders Meeting Drafting Commission.
The Management Committee produced proposals (to be forwarded to the Board of Directors) on the dividend distribution based on Gazprom’s operating results over 2009. The decision on the dividend amount and allocation method will be adopted by the Shareholders Meeting as recommended by the Board of Directors.
The Management Committee approved and submitted to the Board of Directors draft amendments in the Gazprom Charter and the Company’s General Shareholders Meeting Provision.
Amendments in these documents are driven by the modifications and updates introduced into the Federal Law “On Joint-Stock Companies” in 2009.
At present, Gazprom’s Register of Shareholders includes several hundred thousand Russian and foreign shareholders. Taking this into account, shareholders are advised to exercise their right to take part in the Meeting via their trustees by proxy or via a filled out voting ballot sent to the Company.