Gazprom Management Committee awards 2009 Science and Technology Prizes
Sergey Khomyakov, Deputy Chairman of Gazprom Management Committee (right) presents first place award to David Gaidt, Director General of Gazprom transgaz Yekaterinburg (left)
The Gazprom Management Committee has awarded the winners of the Gazprom 2009 Science and Technology Prizes. Awards were presented to the author teams of the following research papers:
- Comprehensive studies of operational reliability of high-strength new generation pipes made of K65 (X80) grade steel. First place award. The project was brought forward by Gazprom transgaz Yekaterinburg.
- Optimization of multi-zone deposit drilling based on the new technology of continuous differentiated oil production monitoring. Second place award. The project was brought forward by Gazprom neft.
- Theory and practice of biologics production and application for the purpose of eliminating hydrocarbon pollutions. The project was brought forward by Gazprom VNIIGAZ.
- Selection and substantiation of optimal parameters for the gas trunkline system from the Yamal Peninsula fields as a case study for switching extra-heavy gas flows to higher working pressure of 11.8 MPa. The project was brought forward by VNIPIgazdobycha.
- Development and adoption of digital communication systems for gas trunklines, gas distribution systems (GDS) and gas metering stations (GMS). The project was brought forward by Gazprom transgaz Moscow.
- Development of an automated fire-prevention system for a gas treatment unit supplied with the use of an automated deluge system and special aqueous film forming foam. The project was brought forward by Gazprom gazobezopasnost.
- Development and introduction of a removable wheelspace, type 3N-6-25-2.2, for the gas-pumping units (GPU) GTN-6 installed at booster stations of the Medvezhye field. The project was brought forward by Gazprom dobycha Nadym.
- Development and introduction of uniform project solutions for technical security equipment sets and anti-terrorist protection means at Gazprom’s facilities. The project was brought forward by Gazprom transgaz Tomsk.
- Creation and introduction of an electronic archive for design and estimate documentation including a subsystem of technical and economic indicators of Gazprom’s facilities. The project was brought forward by Gazprom promgaz.
- Development and introduction of a dispatch and technological data acquisition, transfer, processing and storage system in Gazprom transgaz Makhachkala. The project was brought forward by Gazprom transgaz Makhachkala.
The author teams of the above mentioned projects involved 92 experts from Gazprom, its subsidiaries and outside organizations.
The Gazprom Science and Technology Prizes have been awarded starting from 1998.
23 research papers were nominated for the Prize by Gazprom’s subsidiaries in 2009. The papers had been prepared by a total of 206 authors.
21 outside organizations were engaged in performing the research: the Russian Emergencies Ministry, Orenburg State Medical Academy, Institute of Power Resources Transport, AtlanticTransgazSystem, GazMashProject, Novye Technologii, Reko-Vek, Gazpromneft-Noyabrskneftegazgeofizika, GosNIIsintezbelok, Russian Research Institute of the Tube and Pipe Industries, NIIMorgeofizika-Servis.com, Pyrocool, Promsvyaz, TeploEnergoSystemy, TMZ-Turboservis, Firma AS, Firma Podzemneftegazservis, Saratov State Technical University, State Civil Aviation Research Institute, Sedakov Research Institute of Measuring Systems, Volga-Ural branch of Schlumberger.
The presented papers were assessed by the Expert Group composed of specialists from Gazprom and its subsidiaries. The experts evaluated the relevancy, originality, a scientific and technical level (research intensity) of the developments, their utilization scale and economic viability in Gazprom, commercial use potential, a domestic material, technology and equipment application degree.