Management Committee addresses Gazprom’s annual General Shareholders Meeting related issues
The Gazprom Management Committee addressed the issue with regard to arranging and holding the annual General Shareholders Meeting of the Company.
The Management Committee approved the proposal to conduct the annual General Shareholders Meeting of Gazprom on June 26, 2009 starting from 10:00am local time at the Company’s Headquarters in Moscow. Registration of the meeting participants is to be carried out on June 24 (from 10:00am to 5:00pm) and on June 26 (from 9:00am).
The Management Committee also approved the proposals on:
- the wording of the Shareholders Meeting formal notice;
- the format and wording of the ballots for voting on the Shareholders Meeting agenda issues;
- the Shareholders Meeting Presidium composition;
- the remuneration of the Board of Directors and the Audit Commission;
- a list of information materials to be distributed among Gazprom’s shareholders after scrutiny by the Board of Directors. The materials will be presented to shareholders at the Company’s Headquarters, at the Company’s registrar – SR-DRAGa and in regional depositaries of Gazprombank (Open Joint – Stock Company) 20 days before the Shareholders Meeting date. The locations of SR – DRAGa and regional depositaries will be published in the Meeting notice.
The said proposals will be submitted to the Board of Directors.
The Management Committee resolved to submit for the Board of Directors’ consideration Gazprom’s 2008 Accounting Statements (parent company) compiled in accordance with the requirements of the Russian law as well as well as the following draft documents:
- the Shareholders Meeting agenda;
- Gazprom’s 2008 Annual Report;
- distribution of Gazprom’s net profit based on the financial results of 2008.
The Management Committee approved the composition of the Drafting Commission.
The Management Committee produced proposals on the dividend distribution based on Gazprom’s operating results over 2008. The decision on the dividend distribution as well as the amount, method and terms will be adopted by the Shareholders Meeting on the Board of Directors’ recommendation.
The Management Committee resolved to propose to the Board of Directors to nominate PricewaterhouseCoopers Audit for approval by the Shareholders Meeting as the Company’s auditor. PricewaterhouseCoopers Audit is the winner of the bidding procedure among auditing companies for performing statutory annual audit of Gazprom.
At present, Gazprom’s Register of Shareholders includes several hundred thousand Russian and foreign shareholders. Taking this into account, shareholders are advised to exert their right to take part in the Meeting via their trustees by proxy or via a filled out voting ballot sent to the Company.