Annual General Shareholders Meeting of Gazprom commences in Moscow
Moscow today has hosted the opening of the annual General Shareholders Meeting of Gazprom. Shareholders from Russia and a number of foreign countries are taking part in the Shareholders Meeting personally, through their trustees or in absentia. The Meeting members represent the interests of the shareholders owning a total of 18,271,363,510 shares, which is 77.19 per cent of the total number of shareholders. As at May 8, 2008, the corporate Register of persons and legal entities entitled to participate in the Shareholders Meeting recorded 496,377 corporate equity owners with 23,671,812,900 shares.
In pursuance of a resolution by the Gazprom Board of Directors, Alexey Miller, Deputy Chairman of the Board of Directors, Chairman of the Management Committee of Gazprom has been appointed Shareholders Meeting Chairman. Also attending the Shareholders Meeting are the following Members of the Board of Directors: Alexander Ananenkov, Burckhard Bergmann , Farit Gazizullin, Elena Karpel, Mikhail Sereda, Igor Yusufov.
The items on the Meeting Agenda are:
- Approval of the Annual Report;
- Approval of the Annual Accounting Statements including Profit and Loss Accounts;
- Approval of profit distribution based on the 2007 results;
- On the amount of, time for and form of annual dividend payment based on the 2007 results;
- Approval of Gazprom’s auditor;
- On remuneration to the Members of the Board of Directors and Audit Commission;
- On introduction of amendments in the Gazprom Charter;
- On introduction of amendments in the Gazprom General Shareholders Meeting Provision;
- On introduction of amendments in the Gazprom Board of Directors Provision;
- On introduction of amendments in the Gazprom Management Committee Provision;
- On determination of a price of services acquired by Gazprom under the agreement for liability insurance of the Gazprom Board of Directors and Management Committee Members;
- On ratification of transactions of corporate interest, to be potentially executed by Gazprom while carrying on usual business;
- Election of the Gazprom Board of Directors Members;
- Election of the Gazprom Audit Commission Members.