Management Committee addresses Gazprom’s annual General Shareholders Meeting related issues
The Gazprom Management Committee addressed issues associated with preparing for and holding the annual General Shareholders Meeting of Gazprom.
The Management Committee approved the proposal to conduct the annual General Shareholders Meeting of Gazprom on June 27, 2008, starting 10 am local time, at the Company’s Headquarters in Moscow. Registration of the meeting participants is to be carried out on June 25 (from 10 am to 5 pm) and on June 27 (from 9 am).
The Management Committee also approved the proposals on:
- the wording of the Shareholders Meeting notice;
- the format and wording of the ballots for voting on the Shareholders Meeting agenda issues;
- the Shareholders Meeting Presidium composition;
- the remuneration of the Board of Directors and the Audit Commission;
- a list of information materials to be distributed among Gazprom’s shareholders after scrutiny by the Board of Directors. The materials will be presented to shareholders at the Company’s Headquarters, at the Company’s registrar – SR-DRAGa and in regional depositaries of Gazprombank (Open Joint – stock Company) 20 days before the Shareholders Meeting date. The locations of SR – DRAGa and regional depositaries will be published in the Meeting notice.
The aforementioned proposals will be submitted for the Boars of Directors’ approval.
The following draft documents are awaiting the Board of Directors’ endorsement:
- the Shareholders Meeting agenda;
- Gazprom’s 2007 Annual Report;
- Gazprom’s 2007 net profit distribution as well as Gazprom’s (the parent company’s) annual financial accounts prepared under the Russian legislation.
The Management Committee approved membership of the Shareholders Meeting Drafting Commission.
The Management Committee produced proposals (to be forwarded to the Board of Directors) on the dividend distribution based on Gazprom’s operating results over 2007. The decision on the dividends amount and allocation method will be adopted by the Shareholders Meeting on the Board of Directors’ recommendation.
The Management Committee resolved to propose to the Board of Directors to nominate PricewaterhouseCoopers Audit for approval by the Shareholders Meeting as the Company’s auditor. PricewaterhouseCoopers Audit is the winner of the bidding procedure among auditing companies for performing statutory annual audit of Gazprom.
The Management Committee adopted and submitted for the Board of Directors’ consideration draft amendments in the Gazprom Charter, General Shareholders Meeting Provision, Board of Directors Provision and Gazprom Management Committee Provision.
Amendments in the Charter are basically driven by the modifications and updates introduced into the Federal Law “On Joint-Stock Companies” and are aimed at streamlining the decision-making by the Board of Directors. Changes in the internal documents stem from th
At present, Gazprom’s Register of Shareholders includes several hundred thousand Russian and foreign shareholders. Taking this into account, shareholders are advised to exert their right to take part in the Meeting via their trustees by proxy or via a filled out voting ballot sent to the Company.