Moscow is hosting annual General Shareholders Meeting of Gazprom
Moscow today has hosted the opening of the annual General Shareholders Meeting of Gazprom. The Company’s Russian and foreign stockholders with a total of 20,941,747,585 shares, which is 88.46% of their overall amount, are taking part in the Shareholders Meeting personally, through their trustees or in absentia. As at May 11, 2007, the corporate Register of persons and legal entities entitled to participate in the Shareholders Meeting recorded 531,080 corporate equity owners with 23,673,512,900 shares.
In pursuance of a resolution by the Gazprom Board of Directors, Dmitry Medvedev, Chairman of the Gazprom Board of Directors, First Deputy Chairman of the Government of the Russian Federation has been appointed as the Shareholders Meeting Chairman. Also attending the Shareholders Meeting are the following Board of Directors’ Members: Alexander Ananenkov, Burckhard Bergmann, Farit Gazizullin, Elena Karpel, Mikhail Sereda, Igor Yusufov.
The items on the Meeting Agenda are:
- Approval of the Annual Report.
- Approval of the Annual Accounting Statements including Profit and Loss Accounts.
- Approval of profit distribution based on the 2006 results.
- On the amount of, time for and form of annual dividend payment based on the 2006 results.
- On the remuneration to the Members of the Board of Directors and Audit Commission.
- Approval of Gazprom’s auditor.
- On the introduction of amendments in the Gazprom Charter.
- Approval of interested party transactions in connection with the Nord Stream project execution.
- Approval of interested party transactions to be potentially executed by Gazprom as part of the regular business activity.
- Election of Members to the Gazprom Board of Directors.
- Election of Members to the Gazprom Audit Commission.
At present, Alexander Ananenkov, Deputy Chairman of the Gazprom Management Committee is delivering his Report on the corporate operating highlights over 2006.
Information Directorate, OAO Gazprom