Gazprom and Irkutskaya Oblast signed Gasification Agreement
From left to right: Alexander Ananenkov, Gazprom ’ s Board of Directors ’ Member, Deputy Chairman of Gazprom ’ s Management Committee and Alexander Tishanin, Governor of Irkuskaya oblast
Today in Irkutsk Alexander Ananenkov, Deputy Chairman, Gazprom Management Committee, and Alexander Tishanin, Governor of Irkutskaya oblast, signed the Agreement on gasification of Irkutskaya oblast.
The agreement stipulayes cooperation of Irkutskaya oblast administration and Gazprom in gasification of the oblast and the development of:
- Irkutskaya oblast gasification investment project;
- Energy conservation program;
- the Program of shifting auto transport and agricultural machinery to compressed and liquefied natural gas.
Irkutskaya oblast gasification investment project includes:
- substantiation of investment into construction of gas supply facilities based on local sources;
- introduction of new natural gas equipment and technologies;
- using alternative gas supply sources for gasification of remote settlements located at considerable distances from trunk gas pipelines;
- introduction of modern technology and equipment of “small scale energetics” in Irkutskaya oblast.
Based on the Investment project of gasification, the parties will developed a staged Program of gasification of Irkutskaya oblast, which will include specific projects and investment sources and mechanisms.
The Cooperation agreement between Gazprom and Irkutskaya oblast was signed in February 2004.
Gazprom owns two licenses for exploration of the Eastern and Western parts of the Yuzhno-Koviktinskaya area. Irkutskgazprom (a wholly owned subsidiary of Gazprom) is in charge of exploration in the area.
Information Directorate, OAO Gazprom