The Gazprom Group’s strategic goal in the power business is to maintain its status as the leader in installed electricity and heat generating capacities in Russia through providing reliable supplies of electric and heat energy to its consumers and achieving sustained profit growth while complying with high standards of social and environmental responsibility.
The core generating assets of Gazprom are consolidated in its wholly-owned subsidiary Gazprom Energoholding.
- to provide for the effective implementation of new investment projects;
- to implement modernization projects aimed at enhancing energy efficiency of production operations;
- to increase the operational reliability of power assets and provide reliable electricity and heat supplies;
- to use new technologies with priority given to domestic ones;
- to create new sources of income by diversifying activities and employing potential synergies related to interactions within the Gazprom Group;
- to develop the power business in foreign power generation markets.
- to create an optimal structure of the production capacities;
- to improve operating efficiency and cost optimization;
- to implement projects for building and upgrading the existing generating capacities, as well as decommissioning of facilities that are no longer economically viable;
- to ensure innovative development;
- to diversify the power business by entering promising markets in Russia and abroad.
- to fulfill the program for the modernization of the generating capacities;
- to decommission 2.1 GW of inefficient and underused facilities by 2025;
- to implement the measures for operational efficiency enhancement and cost optimization;
- to participate in the competitive selection of projects for upgrade of thermal power plants involving high-end domestic gas turbine units for 2027–2029.