The Gazprom Group’s strategic goal in the power business is to maintain its status as the leader in installed electricity and heat generating capacities in Russia through providing reliable supplies of electric and heat energy to its consumers and achieving sustained profit growth while complying with high standards of social and environmental responsibility.
The core generating assets of Gazprom are consolidated in its wholly-owned subsidiary Gazprom Energoholding.
The strategic goals of Gazprom Energoholding until 2027 are as follows:
- expansion of Russia’s largest power generation holding, which has presence in the related and international markets;
- customer focus and provision of reliable energy supplies to consumers;
- financial sustainability, steady profit growth and debt reduction;
- prioritization of the import substitution policy and domestically-produced equipment.
The strategic priorities include:
- optimal structure of the production capacities;
- improvement of operating efficiency and cost optimization;
- implementation of projects for building and upgrading the existing generating capacities, as well as decommissioning of facilities that are no longer economically viable;
- technological development;
- diversification of the power business by entering promising markets in Russia and abroad.
The medium-term objectives are as follows:
- fulfillment of the program for the modernization of the generating capacities;
- decommissioning of inefficient facilities;
- implementation of the measures for operational efficiency enhancement and cost optimization.