Chairman of the Management Committee, Deputy Chairman of the Board of Directors
Alexey Miller was born in 1962 in Leningrad.
He graduated from Voznesensky Leningrad Finance and Economics Institute and holds a PhD in Economics.
Upon graduation, Alexey Miller was engineer-economist at the General Planning Division of Leningrad Civil Construction Research and Design Institute (LenNIIproekt under the Executive Committee of the Leningrad City Council).
Junior researcher, Leningrad Finance and Economics Institute; Subdivision Head, Economic Reform Committee, Executive Committee of the Leningrad City Council.
Head of the Markets Monitoring Division, Foreign Economic Relations Directorate, External Relations Committee of St. Petersburg Mayor’s Office; Head of the Foreign Economic Relations Directorate; Deputy Chairman of the External Relations Committee.
Director for Development and Investments, Sea Port of St. Petersburg.
Director General, Baltic Pipeline System.
Deputy Energy Minister of the Russian Federation.
Chairman of the Management Committee, Gazprom.
Since 2002 – Deputy Chairman of the Board of Directors Gazprom.
Awards and titles
- Order for Services to the Fatherland, I Class;
- Order for Services to the Fatherland, IV Class;
- Medal of Order for Services to the Fatherland, II Class;
- Order of the Hungarian Republic Cross, II Class, for services in the energy cooperation sector;
- St. Mesrop Mashtots Order (Republic of Armenia);
- Order of Friendship (Republic of Armenia);
- Dostyk (Friendship) Order, II Class (Republic of Kazakhstan);
- Order of Honor (Republic of South Ossetia);
- Order of Merit of the Italian Republic;
- Sergiy Radonezhsky Order of the Russian Orthodox Church, II Class;
- Patriarchal Merit Certificate.