- the documents of incorporation for South Stream Zrt., a joint engineering company, to implement the South Stream project with MFB;
- the trilateral Agreement of Long-Term Cooperation in the gas sector with PGNiG and EuRoPol GAZ;
- the Agreement of Cooperation for 2010 with the Leningrad Oblast Government;
- the Agreement of Cooperation with the Russian Technologies State Corporation.
Gazprom launched regular operation of the Obskaya – Bovanenkovo railroad (to deliver cargoes and personnel to Yamal's fields).
Construction of the Portovaya compressor station, a starting point for gas supplies via the Nord Stream gas pipeline, was commenced.
A new structural unit, the Project Management Department, was established by Gazprom to coordinate the South Stream project implementation.
Gazprom and SOCAR reached the agreement for a twofold increase in Azerbaijani gas purchase (up to 1 billion cubic meters) in 2010.
The Company's delegations took part in the 15th Session of the UNECE Gas Centre Executive Board and in the 20th Session of the UNECE Working Party on Gas.
Gazprom reported its consolidated interim condensed financial results under the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) for nine months ended 30 September 2009.
The Board of Directors of Shtokman Development AG approved the way forward on the Shtokman project. Initially, the final investment decision (FID) on pipeline gas is projected to be taken in March 2011, and the FID on LNG production – before the end of 2011.
Gazprom discovered a new gas field within the Abakan area in the Krasnoyarsk Krai. Russia's first coalbed methane (CBM) production facility was launched in the Taldinskoye field, Kemerovo Oblast.
At Russia’s first coalbed methane production facility in Taldinskoye field
Gazprom and SAP AG signed the Corporate License Agreement. The Gazprom delegation took part in the Baltic Sea Action Summit in Helsinki.
- the Memorandum on additional gas supplies to GDF SUEZ and on the entry of GDF SUEZ into the Nord Stream project;
- the Agreement of Cooperation with the Perm Krai;
- the Protocol with the Government of Yakutia providing for a set of measures aimed at more efficient implementation of Gazprom's projects in Yakutia;
- the General Scheme for gas supply to and gasification of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia);
- the Addendum to the Memorandum of Understanding with ONGC.
Gazprom commenced drilling of the first well in Algeria within the El Assel area.
The Company set to constructing the Dzhubga – Lazarevskoye – Sochi gas pipeline offshore.
Dzhubga – Lazarevskoye – Sochi offshore gas pipeline construction: C-Master pipe-laying barge. Photo by Foto-Io Istanbul
The Nord Stream consortium completed Phase I financing of the project allowing to start the gas pipeline construction on schedule – in April 2010.
The Gazprom Management Committee approved the Company's communication network development program up to 2014.
The Gazprom Coordinating Committee for Environmental Protection and Energy Efficiency approved the Corporate Environmental Targets.
Gazprom and GDF SUEZ marked the 35th anniversary of Russian gas supplies to France.
Gazprom's delegation took part in the UNECE Gas Centre Industry Forum (Geneva) focused on long-term supply contracts in the gas sector.
Top executives of Gazprom met with chief editors of regional mass media.
Gazprom reported its consolidated financial results for 2009 under the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
The Management Committee approved the proposal to convene the annual General Shareholders Meeting of Gazprom on June 25, 2010.
Construction of the Nord Stream gas pipeline was launched.
Russian President Dmitry Medvedev at celebrations dedicated to beginning of Nord Stream gas pipeline construction in Baltic Sea
- the addenda to the natural gas supply contract between Gazprom and NAK Naftogaz Ukrainy (annual contract volume of gas in 2010 increased to 36.5 billion cubic meters);
- the Framework Agreement of Cooperation between Gazprom and OMV within the South Stream project;
- the Accord on Gasification between Gazprom and the Transbaikal Krai Government.
Gazprom and Eni welcomed EDF's engagement in the South Stream project. EDF will join the project through acquisition of an up to 20 per cent stake in the joint venture. Gazprom and Eni also coordinated the terms and conditions for the Russian Company's entry into the Elephant project in Libya.
Vsevolod Cherepanov was elected as Member of the Gazprom Management Committee.
Pavel Tsybulsky was appointed Director General of Gazprom VNIIGAZ.
Alexey Miller was awarded the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic.
The Board of Directors resolved to convene the annual General Shareholders Meeting of Gazprom on June 25, 2010 in Moscow.
The deal related to Gazprom's acquisition of a 5.26 per cent stake in Verbundnetz Gas AG was closed.
Another round of commercial negotiations between Gazprom and China National Petroleum Corporation took place.
Gazprom and Naftogaz Ukrainy initiated discussion of the possible merger of the companies.
Work began at the Adler TPP construction site to erect the main building of the station.
Gazprom submitted proposals to the Russian Federation Government on the measures to boost coalbed methane production.
A Dutch delegation led by Maria van der Hoeven, Minister of Economic Affairs visited Gazprom dobycha Yamburg facilities.
Gazprom delegations participated in the 5th International Conference “EU – Russia Energy Dialogue: Gas Aspect” held in Berlin and the XIV International Gas Industry Exhibition “ROS-GAS-EXPO 2010” in Saint Petersburg.
Gazprom held the annual General Shareholders Meeting.
The Company signed:
- Agreement on the entry of GDF SUEZ into the Nord Stream project.
- Sci-Tech Cooperation Agreement with Statoil.
- Cooperation Agreement for LNG production on the Yamal Peninsula with Novatek.
- Agreement on strategic cooperation with Foundation Project Delta Group.
- Cooperation Agreement on Shtokman field LNG transportation with Sovcomflot.
- Memorandum of Understanding on cooperation in energy saving and energy efficiency with GDF SUEZ.
- Memorandum of Understanding on strategic cooperation with Gasunie (2010–2012 Program for Sci-Tech Cooperation between Gazprom and Gasunie was approved, as well).
- Memorandum of Understanding on cooperation in the field of LNG with Siemens AG.
- Partnership Agreement for 2010–2014 with the Yaroslavl Oblast.
- Cooperation Agreement with the Tyumen Oblast.
- Agreement on wider use of natural gas as a transportation fuel with the Orel Oblast.
As part of the South Stream project, the Company:
- completed the Feasibility Study for the pipeline's offshore section and started the Comprehensive Feasibility Study embracing both the offshore and the onshore sections of the gas pipeline.
- inked the Memorandum on EDF's entry in the South Stream project shareholding structure.
- signed the Charter of the joint venture company South Stream Greece S.A. being set up on a parity basis by Gazprom and DESFA S.A. for the implementation of the Greek section of South Stream.
- started negotiations with Romania and Macedonia on their potential participation in the South Stream project.
- appointed Marcel Kramer as Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer of the South Stream project.
The issues of Russian gas supply to Belarus were settled.
The Company endorsed the Comprehensive Goal-Oriented Program of Metrological Support for natural gas and liquid hydrocarbons extraction, transportation, processing, treatment, storage and supply processes for the period from 2011 through to 2015.
Gazprom and E.ON Ruhrgas marked the 20th anniversary of cooperation in personnel training and development.
The Company's delegations took part in the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum, the European Business Congress, and the opening of the Russian National Exhibition “Russia and France – a Single Economic and Humanitarian Space” that was dedicated to the year of Russia in France.
Gazprom was chosen as the best company of Russia and CIS for investor relations by IR Magazine Russia & CIS. Gazprom also became the winner in the Best Annual Report/Formal Disclosure nomination and was acknowledged as the best company of Russia and CIS in the Best Corporate Governance category.
The Company signed the Protocol on contributions by Beltransgaz to the Innovation Fund of the Belarusian Energy Ministry and the Addendum to the gas supply and transit contract for 2007–2011.
Gazprom komplektatsiya and Sukhoi Civil Aircraft Company signed the Agreement of Intent for delivery of 10 Sukhoi Superjets to Gazprom avia.
The protocol setting out top-priority actions on gasification of the Dagestan Republic was signed.
The development plan for the Yakutian Chayanda field was completed. The plan will be submitted to the Central Commission for Hydrocarbon Fields Development under the Federal Subsurface Use Agency.
The first stage of the gas lateral to the Khunzakh settlement was brought onstream in the Dagestan Republic.
The Board of Directors formed the Audit Committee.
Gazprom opened its Representative Office in Riga, Latvia.
Gazprom and NAK Naftogaz Ukrainy initiated a new round of negotiations on setting up a joint venture.
The first gas turbine of the Adler TPP was delivered to the construction site.
Adler TPP gas turbine generator placement on truck platform at Imeretinsky Port
The Board of Directors approved the Investment Program, Budget and Cost Reduction Program for 2010.
Gazprom reported its consolidated interim condensed financial results under the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) for the first quarter of 2010.
Gazprom started gas deliveries to Kamchatkan consumers: the Sobolevo – Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky gas trunkline was put onstream.
Sobolevo – Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky gas trunkline commissioning. Here comes Kamchatkan gas!
A new gas field was discovered in the Kirinsky block of the Sakhalin III project.
The Central Commission for Hydrocarbon Fields Development under the Federal Subsurface Use Agency adopted the Development Plan for the Chayanda field.
The Company signed:
- Addendum to Azerbaijani gas purchase and sale contract between Gazprom and SOCAR.
- Extended Major Terms of Gas Supply from Russia to China between Gazprom and CNPC.
St. Petersburg – Kiev international motor rally was held.
The Chess Academy was built in Khanty-Mansiysk as part of the Gazprom for Children program.
Gazprom restored the embankment in Yaroslavl and created the Yaroslavl's Millennium monument.
Gazprom's delegation took part in the 6th Baikal Economic Forum.
The Board of Directors:
- approved a revised version of Gazprom's Dividend Policy;
- emphasized the readiness of Russia's Unified Gas Supply System for the forthcoming autumn/winter period.
The Management Committee:
- endorsed the 2011–2015 Comprehensive Targeted Program for the Retrofitting, Reconstruction and Development of Automated Process Control Systems at Gazprom's Facilities;
- endorsed the 2011–2013 Program of Geological Exploration Activities in the Russian Federation and Abroad;
- endorsed the 2011–2015 Geological and Engineering Operations Program for Gazprom's Well Stock.
The Company signed:
- the Feasibility Study Agreement with Bulgarian Energy Holding EAD for the Bulgarian Section of the South Stream Gas Pipeline;
- the Memorandum of Intent as regards feasibility studies for South Stream in Romania;
- the Farmout Agreement with Total for the Bolivia's Ipati and Aquio blocks exploration project;
- a number of inter-corporate agreements aimed at increasing Russian gas supply to Poland starting from 2010;
- the 2010–2013 Plan of Priority Actions targeted at gas supply to and gasification of Buryatia;
- the Agreement of Cooperation with the Irkutsk Oblast.
In the course of the visit to Macedonia Gazprom's delegation discussed opportunities for Macedonia to join the South Stream project.
The first gas turbine of Adler TPP was mounted on the foundation.
Beijing hosted the Arts Festival of Gazprom and China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC).
The Board of Directors approved Gazprom's Investment Program, Budget and Cost Optimization (Reduction) Program for 2011.
Gazprom reported its consolidated interim condensed financial results under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) for the six months ended 30 June 2010.
Gazprom published its first Sustainability Report.
Gazprom and Sonatrach discovered hydrocarbon reserves in the Berkine Basin in Algeria.
The Sakhalin – Khabarovsk – Vladivostok gas pipeline construction entered its final stage.
Gazprom and Naftogaz Ukrainy started evaluating the assets for the joint venture (JV) and discussed the resource base that Gazprom could contribute to the JV.
Gazprom and Transgaz S.A. completed the feasibility study on the Romanian section of the South Stream gas pipeline.
The Company signed:
- the Protocol on Global Strategic Cooperation between Gazprom and Shell;
- agreements to settle gas issues among Gazprom, Naftogaz Ukrainy and Rosukrenergo;
- the Shareholders' Agreement and the Articles of Associationfor South Stream Bulgaria AD joint project company between Gazprom and Bulgarian Energy Holding EAD;
- the Cooperation Agreement for the South Stream project implementation period between Gazprom and Krasnodar Krai, which implies building a unique compressor station;
Protocol of Joint Actions between Gazprom and RUSNANO.
Gazprom set up the Competitive Purchases Department headed by Mikhail Sirotkin.
Gazprom's web estate has been recognized as the best corporate website in Russia according to Hallvarsson & Halvarsson international ranking.
Gazprom's delegations visited the Republic of Korea, the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and Romania, they took part in the celebrations marking the 50th anniversary of Gazprom transgaz Nizhny Novgorod and the 20th anniversary of cooperation with BASF and Wintershall Holding.
Alexey Miller chaired the 23rd meeting of the European Business Congress (EBC) Presiding Committee.
The second power generating unit built at Gazprom's expense was brought onstream at Kaliningrad CHPP-2.
Gazprom opened Siberia's largest track and field facility in Tomsk as part of the Gazprom for Children program.
The Gazprom 2010 Science and Technology Prizes awarded to winners.
The Company adopted:
- the Upgrade and Technical Re-equipment Program for Gazprom's subsidiary companies dealing with well repair and maintenance;
- the Russian Regions Gasification Program for 2011.
The Company signed:
- the Supplementary Agreement with Eni to extend the Strategic Partnership Agreement until December 31, 2012. The companies also signed the Agreement on sci-tech cooperation, personnel training and development;
- the Memorandum on setting up a joint venture with Naftogaz Ukrainy for coalbed methane production in Ukraine;
- the gas purchase contract for 2011–2012 with Uzbekistan;
- Cooperation Agreements for 2011 with the Leningrad Oblast and the Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Okrug;
- the Partnership Agreement for socioeconomic development of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) within the Eastern Gas Program;
- the Program for Sci-Tech Cooperation with BASF/Wintershall Holding until 2014.
The Gazprom Arbitration Court was the first in Russia to use the electronic arbitration system for arbitration proceedings.