Arts and culture
On June 23, a cultural and educational event named Sunday in the Radishchev State Art Museum took place in Saratov. During the event organized by Gazprom Transgaz Saratov, over 1,200 residents and guests of the city of Saratov took the opportunity to visit one of the main points of interest in the region.
The entrance to the museum's historic building was free of charge all day long. The charity event marked the 195th anniversary of the birth of Alexey Bogolyubov, professor of painting who founded the Radishchev State Art Museum.
The Lyons Hall of the Catherine Palace at the Tsarskoe Selo State Museum Preserve (Pushkin, St. Petersburg) was reopened today after a restoration carried out with the support from Gazprom and the ENGIE Foundation (France).
The final round of the 8th corporate Fakel Festival run by Gazprom came to a close in Krasnaya Polyana, Sochi. Taking part in the Festival were delegations representing 39 subsidiaries of Gazprom from Russia, Belarus, and Kyrgyzstan, together with performers from CNPC (China).
The total number of participants exceeded 1,600. The event was attended by foreign colleagues from Gazprom's partner companies based in Bolivia, France, Germany, Uzbekistan, and Vietnam.
On April 21, the 19th Plasticine Crow National Children's Arts Festival concluded in Saransk with a big gala concert. The team of the Torbeyevskoye Gas Pipeline Operation Center, branch of Gazprom Transgaz Nizhny Novgorod, had taken part in the festival.
The final round of the competition included 54 concert numbers by young performers aged between 5 and 15, representing the Republic of Mordovia and such Russian regions as the Moscow, Ryazan, Nizhny Novgorod, Penza and Ulyanovsk regions and the Republic of Chuvashia.
On March 21, 2019, the State Russian Museum began the restoration of “Holy Rus,” a famous painting by the great artist Mikhail Nesterov. The initiative is supported by Gazprom.
Created in 1905, “Holy Rus” is justly considered among the artist's most prominent works and the most important paintings of the Silver Age of Russian culture. It was first put on display at Nesterov's personal exhibition in St. Petersburg in 1907. The painting was purchased right away by the Museum of the Imperial Academy of Arts. In 1909, the artwork was sent to the International Art Exhibition in Munich, where it received a gold medal of the first class and was reproduced in numerous foreign publications. In 1921, “Holy Rus” was transferred to the Russian Museum to find its rightful place in the main exhibition. In the late 1920s, the painting was taken away to the storage vaults until the late 1980s. After that period, it was made available to the public again.
An exhibition entitled “Treasures from the Palace Museum: The Flourishing of China in the 18th Century” opened today at the Moscow Kremlin Museums. The exhibition was organized with the support of Gazprom.
The opening ceremony was attended by Alexey Miller, Chairman of the Gazprom Management Committee, Olga Golodets, Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation, Mikhail Shvydkoy, Special Representative of the Russian President for International Cultural Cooperation, Li Hui, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the People’s Republic of China to the Russian Federation, Elena Gagarina, Director General of the Moscow Kremlin Museums, and Ji Tianbin, Deputy Director of the Beijing Palace Museum (Gugong).
On February 10, Novy Urengoy’s Gazodobytchik Culture and Sports Center hosted the 20th annual open dancesport competition Urengoy Waltz.
The tournament combined an open competition for the Gazprom Dobycha Urengoy Cup with the Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Area dancesport contest and championship. This festival of dance has for many years been organized by Gazprom Dobycha Urengoy.
From December 31 to January 8, Irkutsk once again hosted concerts entitled Christmas Evenings with Denis Matsuev and Friends, with Gazprom Dobycha Irkutsk as a long-standing partner.