Gazprom held the annual General Shareholders Meeting. The Company's Board of Directors was elected as follows: Andrey Akimov, Timur Kulibaev, Vitaly Markelov, Viktor Martynov, Vladimir Mau, Alexey Miller, Alexander Novak, Dmitry Patrushev, Mikhail Sereda, Alexey Ulyukaev, and Viktor Zubkov.
Viktor Zubkov was named as Chairman of the Gazprom Board of Directors and Alexey Miller as Deputy Chairman of the Company's Board of Directors.
Two new power units – STU-660 at the Troitsk SDPP and STU-330 at the Novocherkassk SDPP – were put into operation.
The Board of Directors approved the new Program for the disposal of non-core assets for the period from the second half of 2016 through the first half of 2019 and the updated Gazprom Innovative Development Program.
The Management Committee approved the 2016–2020 Comprehensive Program for the reconstruction and re-equipment of gas and liquid hydrocarbon processing facilities.
The following documents were signed:
- the 2016–2020 Program for scientific & technical cooperation and partnership between Gazprom and OMV;
- the Memorandum of Understanding between Gazprom and SAP for improving the reliability of the Company's information management systems, developing those systems further, and introducing innovative information technologies in the Company's operations;
- the Memorandum of Understanding between Gazprom and Shell on the Baltic LNG project;
- the Sales and Purchase Contract between Gazprom and Gazko+ for Russian gas supplies to Georgia over the course of 2016;
- the Agreement of Intent between Gazprom, Linde, Power Machines, and Salavatneftemash to join efforts for producing natural gas liquefaction and processing equipment in Russia;
- the Agreement of Cooperation between Gazprom, Russian Railways, Sinara Group, and Transmashholding on the wider use of NGV fuel;
- the Term Sheet between Gazprom and RusGazDobycha regarding the joint project for the development of the Parusovoye, Severo-Parusovoye, and Semakovskoye fields;
- the Roadmap between Gazprom, Bolivia's Ministry of Hydrocarbons, and YPFB for implementing projects in Bolivia;
- the Agreement between Gazprom EP International B.V. and YPFB to explore the La Ceiba, Madidi, and Vitiacua blocks in Bolivia;
- the Roadmap between Gazprom and the Russian Construction Ministry for implementing the Innovative Development Strategy for the domestic construction sector and ensuring the efficiency of the Company's investment activities;
- the Scientific and Technical Cooperation Agreement between Gazprom and the Russian Academy of Sciences;
- the Roadmaps for the wider use of high-tech products from the Chelyabinsk, Tomsk, and Tyumen Regions in Gazprom's interest;
- the Memorandum of Understanding between Gazprom and CNPC in the field of underground gas storage and gas-fired power generation;
- the Agreement of Cooperation between Gazprom Gazomotornoye Toplivo and Ak Bars Holding for implementing the pilot project on the use of NGV fuel for inland water transport in Tatarstan.
Alexey Miller made a speech at the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum.
Gazprom awarded the winners of the 7th Corporate Contest for PR services of the Company's subsidiaries and organizations held in 2015.
The fifth anniversary Nord Stream Race took place.