Gazporm and E.ON Ruhrgas ink Agreement on sci-tech cooperation
Alexander Medvedev, Deputy Chairman of Gazprom’s Management Committee and Burckhard Bergmann, Chairman of the Executive Board of E.ON Ruhrgas AG have inked an Agreement on sci-tech cooperation, staff training and qualification upgrading.
In accordance with the Agreement, the parties intend to promote interaction with the view of achieving the following major goals:
- securing natural gas deliveries to consumers;
- achieving a higher quality of gas supplied to consumers;
- introducing innovative equipment and technologies as well as international and regional standards;
- promoting energy conservation;
- reducing environmental risks;
- staff re-training.
To coordinate the implementation of the Agreement, the parties set up a Coordinating Committee comprised on a par of representatives of Gazprom and E.ON Ruhrgas AG.
“Priority gas industry development projects are unperceivable without state-of-the-art technologies and require bringing together the unique sci-tech potential and experience of Russian and foreign companies”, – maintained Alexander Medvedev.
“The document signed will give a new strong stimulus for deeper mutually beneficial and long-term cooperation between the two companies”, – said Burckhard Bergmann.
Information Directorate, OAO Gazprom