Gazprom's Management Committeee checks up readiness for Annual Shareholders' meeting
At today’s regular session Gazprom’s Management Committee has addressed matters relative to preparing for and holding the Company’s Annual General Shareholders’ Meeting.
The Management Committee endorsed the proposal to convene Gazprom’s Annual General Shareholders’ Meeting at the Company’s Headquarters on June 24 2005, starting 10am Moscow time and to hold the registration procedure on June 22 and 24, from 10 and 9am, respectively.
The Management Committee also approved proposals in regards to the:
- wording of the Shareholders’ Meeting advisory to be published in the Trud newspaper not later than June 3 2004;
- format and wording of the voting ballots on the Shareholders’ Meeting agenda;
- Shareholders’ Meeting Presidium composition;
- remuneration of the Board of Directors’ members not being public officials and not entering the Audit Commission.
- list of information materials pending scrutiny by the Board of Directors, to be distributed among Gazprom’s shareholders at the Company’s Headquarters and regional depositories 20 days before the Shareholders’ Meeting date. The location of the depositories will be published together with the Shareholders’ Meeting advisory.
The aforementioned proposals will be submitted for the Board of Directors’ approval.
The following draft documents are also awaiting the Board of Directors’ endorsement:
- the Shareholders’ Meeting agenda;
- Gazprom’s 2004 Annual Report;
- Gazprom’s (the parent company’s) 2004 annual financial accounts filed in accordance with the Russian legislation;
- Gazprom’s 2004 net earnings allotment.
At the same time, the Management Committee produced proposals on the dividend distribution based on Gazprom’s operating results over 2004. The resolution on the dividend amount and allocation method will be adopted by the Shareholders’ Meeting on the Board of Directors’ recommendations.
In addition, the Management Committee approved membership of the Shareholders’ Meeting Drafting Commission. The Commission is in charge of preparing draft documents and resolutions on the Shareholders’ Meeting agenda, amending and updating the agenda and filing & posting information on the Meeting outcomes for the media.
At present, Gazprom’s Shareholders’ Register includes some 470 thou Russian and foreign stockholders. Taking this fact into account, shareholders are advised to exert their right to take part in the Shareholders’ Meeting by a proxy in writing granted to their trustees or by a filled out voting ballot sent to the Company.
Information Directorate, OAO Gazprom