Gazprom wishes to warn you against transactions with unscrupulous market players that disseminate fake sales offers for petroleum products via the Internet and e-mail, purportedly on behalf of Gazprom or its affiliated companies.
Please be aware that Gazprom Group’s companies only send business e-mails via corporate mail servers and never use free e-mail services.
Gazprom and its subsidiary companies do not enter into contracts or offer guarantees of goods delivery in absentia via the Internet or e-mail.
Gazprom exports its petrochemical products exclusively through its subsidiaries, Gazprom Export and Gazprom Neft, which never use the services of intermediaries when concluding contracts. Official information on Gazprom Export and Gazprom Neft is available on the www.gazpromexport.com and www.gazprom-neft.com websites.
Likewise, the Company never demands that future contracts be registered with various ministries and agencies of the Russian Federation, as there are no regulations to that effect in the Russian legislation.
There is a large number of fake websites offering employment at Gazprom Group on the condition that applicants send paid text messages to short codes. We therefore warn you against sending text messages to access information about Gazprom Group’s job offers, as such actions may result in fraudulent deductions from your cellphone account. Please be informed that all of Gazprom Group’s job offers are placed exclusively on the official websites of the companies in question, the Gazprom Vacancies specialized website, and the HeadHunter website. Applicants can access those websites on a free basis. Gazprom bears no responsibility for offers placed elsewhere.
Gazprom reserves the right to take legal action in order to put an end to fraudulent activities by unscrupulous market players.
Recommendations on how to identify typical fraud schemes
Gazprom wishes to inform you about attempts to use its name and the names of its structural units and officials for fraudulent purposes.
To prevent financial damage and loss of personal data, please be wary of the following signs of possible fraud:
1. You receive an e-mail with an offer to acquire petroleum products from Gazprom or its subsidiary companies. The e-mail may include a draft contract or an Irrevocable Corporate Purchase Order (ICPO) template together with a bank reference.
Gazprom and its subsidiary companies do not distribute such letters or offer guarantees of goods delivery in absentia via the Internet or e-mail, nor do they authorize other persons to do that.
2. The particulars of the transaction differ greatly from the market average: you are expected to buy very large amounts of petroleum products (sometimes more than Gazprom is capable of providing) at a suspiciously favorable price.
3. Prior to the formal signing of a contract, you are requested to transfer money to pay for some services, such as the drawing up of various documents (visas, invitations, approvals), contract legalization or validation with Russian state agencies and ministries (please note that this procedure is not provided for in the Russian legislation), transportation services, arrangement of a visit by your company’s delegation to Russia, purportedly to sign a contract at the Gazprom headquarters (TTM – Table Talk Meeting), etc.
4. You are asked to transfer your payment to an account held in the name of an individual.
Please be informed that Gazprom does not conclude direct agreements for petroleum exports, as it has two subsidiaries – Gazprom Export and Gazprom Neft – for export operations. Official information about the companies, including their contact data, is available on www.gazpromexport.com and www.gazprom-neft.com, respectively.
Please be aware that Gazprom does not have equity stakes (shares) in, or contractual relations with, the Ukrtrastinvest private company (Ukraine) that offers loans under Gazprom Invest’s program and uses the following designation in its advertising:
Information on the Ukrtrastinvest private company:
- Enterprise Classification Code (ZKPO): 23427072;
- legal address: 15 Salyutnaya Street, Shevchenkovsky District, Kiev;
- the company has an office for receiving citizens, which is located at 63 Prospekt Lenina, Makeyevka, Donetsk Region; phone: (+38063) 339-96-61.
In recent years, there has been an increasing number of fake websites registered for fraudulent purposes by impostors posing as Gazprom Group’s representatives and/or illegally using content from the Group’s official websites. There are also various domain names that are similar to those used by Gazprom Group’s projects, but have no actual relation to them.
Please be advised that the following websites are not among the information resources of Gazprom and its subsidiary companies and organizations:
Gazprom bears no responsibility for possible risks related to any information placed on the above websites.
If you receive any commercial proposals from the companies whose domain names are similar to those of Gazprom Group’s companies, please kindly inform us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.