Ufa State Petroleum Technological University
Ufa State Petroleum Technological University (USPTU) was established in 1948 on the basis of the Ufa Branch of Gubkin Moscow Petroleum Institute. It was initially called Ufa Petroleum Institute.
Ufa State Petroleum University. Photo from University website
The University has signed comprehensive agreements of cooperation on educational services and scientific research with such Gazprom subsidiaries as Gazprom Dobycha Nadym, Gazprom Dobycha Orenburg, Gazprom Dobycha Urengoy, Gazprom Dobycha Yamburg, Gazprom Transgaz Ufa, Gazprom Transgaz Tchaikovsky.
In 1994 the USPTU Institute for Further Vocational Education was established, with Gazprom and its subsidiary company Gazprom Neft acting as its partners. The Institute is one of the leading establishments for further vocational education in the fuel and energy sector.
Gazprom Neft also cooperates with the USPTU Faculty of Preliminary Training. The Faculty renders additional educational services to various categories of future applicants (from first-graders to young workers).
A number of Gazprom subsidiaries are partners with the USPTU Alumni Club, which sees the assistance to establishing business ties between the University and companies as one of its objectives.