formerly Russian Energy Projects
100per cent ownership by Gazprom
News and events
Profsoyuznaya St., 125 A
A wholly-owned subsidiary of Gazprom, Gazprom Investproject is engaged in project-financing based fuel and energy projects across Russia and the CIS. The company has been a part of Gazprom Group since November 2009.
Gazprom Investproject is focused on:
- working out schemes for investment projects applying the project financing-based methods for the benefit of Gazprom Group;
- working out feasibility studies, financial models and business plans for investment projects;
- attracting funds for investment projects;
- managing the investment & construction processes, assessing risks when implementing investment projects and setting up an efficient risk management system;
- working out concepts, legal and economic terms for further operation of the constructed industrial facilities.
Gazprom Investproject acts as the investor in the Adler TPP construction project based on project financing principles.
The Adler TPP is the major power generating facility built under the Program for Construction of Olympic Venues and Development of Sochi as a Mountain Climate Resort. The project was delivered in record-breaking time (from 2009 to 2012).
The environmental policy of Gazprom Investproject hinges on the following basic principles:
- complying with requirements of the Russian laws concerning natural resources use and environmental protection as well as industrial and environmental safety;
- reasonable and careful use of natural resources;
- consistent development of environmental activities and improvement of the environmental management system.
A vivid example of this approach is the advanced combined cycle technology applied in the Adler TPP construction project. It ensures high efficiency in the condensing mode (52 per cent) as well as low fuel consumption and an average 30 per cent reduction of atmospheric emissions as compared with TPPs based on conventional steam turbines of the same capacity.
Gazprom Investproject will expand application of project financing as an important means of delivering Gazprom Group’s future projects. The Group will diversify the ongoing investment projects and complex structured financing instruments in use.
At present Gazprom Investproject is taking part in the project for the Novy Urengoy Gas Chemical Complex construction.
The following projects are now under implementation:
- project for building space vehicle assembling facilities for national satellites, including for Yamal and SMOTR systems;
- setting up the import substitution production for Gazprom in the premises of the Tomsk Vakhrushev Electromechanical Plant.